Mission, Vision, DEI & Values
CAPA facilitates a strategic, unified voice advocating for IHSS Public Authorities, older adults, and people with disabilities.
The leading voice influencing and improving policies and resources for IHSS Public Authorities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- CAPA is a collective voice for marginalized groups
- CAPA prioritizes inclusivity in its decision-making process
- CAPA encourages diverse leadership that is representative of our members and stakeholders and ensures services provided are accessible to all
- CAPA recognizes the need for a diverse team and seeks to promote those opportunities
- CAPA encourages partnerships that enhance our DEI knowledge and strategy and creates a safe space to discuss and acknowledge unconscious bias in its decisions
CAPA shall adhere to the highest professional standards following these values.
Our policies and advocacy serves our members.
We will be ethical and show integrity in our work and interactions.
We will support each other and strive to work as a team.
We are committed to looking at how our policies impact the whole person.
We will respect a diversity of viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures, and lifestyles.
We are committed to professional development and promoting a learning culture.
We will hold one another accountable for our policies and procedures.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We will have a diverse board, strive for equity among all public authorities, and be inclusive of all members.
We will be the best resource to each other and all with whom we work with.
We value IHSS consumers and providers and their contributions to the work we do.
We will use data to make educated decisions that are in the best interests of IHSS public authorities, consumers, and providers.
We will be financially responsible and maintain reserved funds.