The newly launched IHSS Career Pathways provides training opportunities to IHSS providers in California. The program’s goal is to recruit new and retain current IHSS providers while by providing training opportunities to enhance providers skills and knowledge on how to best care for consumers.
- Recruit, train, and retain a network of high-skilled care workers
- Improve consumer experience and care outcomes
- Support a career ladder that allows care workers to build their skills and opportunities for career advancement
There will be five pathways available to the IHSS providers:
- General Health and Safety for Caregivers
- Adult Education
- Cognitive Impairments and Behavioral Health
- Complex Physical Care Needs
- Transitioning into In-Home Care
Providers who choose to participate receive up to $2,500 for the time in training and may qualify for payments for completing training in particular areas.